Why do Cats Lose Fur?
Cats lose their fur, they shed throughout the year which is
normal. However feline alopecia (cat hair loss) is a serious
condition and can be very uncomfortable for your cat.
Causes of Fur Loss:
- Allergic reaction to medication
- Pollen, mold or dust
- Food ingredients
- Household chemicals and sprays
- Flea bites
- Diabetes and
- Cushing’s Disease (glandular disorder)
Fur Loss Treatment:
- Visit to the Vet in all cases
- Change in diet to eliminate any food allergies
- Avoid household chemicals for a few weeks